The Archeparchy of Pittsburgh is committed to protecting the rights, safety and dignity of every person, especially children, entrusted to its pastoral care and to implementing fully the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People adopted by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, including programs to increase awareness and promote safe environments for children and youth engaged in activities on the parish, protopresbyterate and Archieparchial. Therefore,
- Minors (under the age of 18) who come to the Pilgrimage for any length of time, will be accompanied by an adult who will be responsible for them.
- Minors unaccompanied by parents, must be supervised by an adult guardian over the age of 21, and of the same gender as the minor. This adult guardian is to be designated by the parent(s) of such minor(s).
- Parents will submit a permission document indicating the identity of the guardian, and a medical authorization in case treatment is needed. These documents may be sent by mail or may be submitted upon arrival at the information desk at Mount Saint Macrina in the area outside the House of Prayer.
- High school students staying overnight at Mount Saint Macrina require an additional permission document unless they are staying with their parents.
- Children under 14 years of age may not stay overnight except with their parents.
- Parents who are attending will have full responsibility for their children and need not submit these documents. Parents are to house their children with them.
- All necessary documents can be found below.